WHAT DATA DOES LEOBIT COLLECT
Information you share with us
We collect, process, and store information you willingly provide us via any mode (e.g. email, contact form, etc.) and for any purpose, including job application, reports on technical issues, service requests, and more.
For instance, we may use your full name, contact phone and email, location, job history, and other details you indicate in your CV.
Information we collect when you use our website
Every time you visit our website we may collect the following information for operational and analytical purposes:
- Data about your device (s), including an OS version and hardware model;
- Data on your use and visits to our website, including your location, IP address, browser version and type, navigation path, and page views;
WHOSE DATA IS COLLECTED
The data collection practices apply to any visitor or user of our website. These are usually:
- Our existing or potential customers and suppliers;
- Our employees, contractors, or users who are interested in the cooperation with Leobit;
- The users of our services.
WHY DO WE COLLECT USER DATA
According to the provisions of GDPR, Leobit is a controller and processor of your data. We collect, process, and use your data only when we have a legitimate basis or your consent to do so.
The main purposes of data collection
- Recruitment. When a person applies to a vacancy posted on our website, we may collect their name, contact email, phone number, job history, IP address, and any other data provided. This is necessary to contact applicants, discuss the possible cooperation, answer their requests, and keep them updated on the future opportunities that may appear in the company.
- Communication. Leobit collects your data, including the name, contact email, phone number, and IP address to provide consulting services and assist with your questions. This is necessary to improve user experience and provide better services to our customers.
- Marketing (if you provide the necessary consent). We may collect cookies to conduct user analysis and display more relevant ads. In case you agree to receive our marketing materials and be subject to other promotions, Leobit may use your contact information to inform you about the recent updates and opportunities related to the company.
- Business. Leobit uses personal and contact information willingly provided by our existing or potential partners to support or establish business relations. For instance, the data may be processed to approve and sign a contract or any other document, ensure the high quality of our services, inform about meetings and updates, comply with industry standards, prevent fraud, and more.
- Analytics. We may collect the information about the version and type of your browser, your browsing path, IP address, operating system and platform, browsing history with timestamps, and third-party technical data to analyze how you use our website. This helps us to improve the website, publish more relevant content, understand the market tendencies and preferences of our users.
- Safety. We use technical information about your browser, browsing activity, and device(s) to ensure the safety and reliability of our website. This data also helps us to prevent fraud and protect the rights and interest of our visitors.
- Legal requirements. Leobit may use the collected data to fulfill regulatory and legal obligations, except for the cases when they are overridden by the fundamental freedoms or rights of a data subject (e.g. when a data subject is a child).
HOW DO WE USE USER DATA
WHEN WE MAY DISCLOSE USER DATA
In certain cases, Leobit is authorized to disclose user data to the extent allowed by applicable data protection regulations. In particular, we may disclose your personal data: to our customers, agencies, auditors, supervisory authorities, or other third-party service providers on “need to know basis”; if we are legally obliged to share this information due to any existing or prospective legal proceedings; if we have your explicit consent to share data or this is necessary to enforce our agreement with you; to protect the property, rights, and safety of Leobit.
When you land on our website, we may place cookies on your browser or a viewed webpage to improve your browsing experience, speed up the search process, and personalize content. Basically, a cookie is a piece of data a website sends to your computer to be stored for the necessary period of time.
There are different types of cookies used for different tasks:
- Functional. This type of cookies is used to ensure the proper operation of our website and make it more convenient. They help to recognize you during your next visit to the page, eliminate the need to log in, and customize the content. Note that these cookies can be placed without your explicit consent.
- Analytical/performance. This type of cookies is used to monitor user behavior on our website. They help us to understand how users browse our pages, define the duration of their stay, find out what attracts their attention, etc. Thus, analytical cookies are mainly used to improve user experience and usability of our website and do not collect any personally identifiable information.
- Third-party cookies. This type of cookies is provided by third parties and used to track the effectiveness of ads and personalize them based on your location, previous choices, or preferences.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING DATA COLLECTION
You retain control over the data we collect and can at any time request access, change, deletion, or transfer of this information, restrict the collection, processing, and use, learn more about data collection or withdraw your data collection consent. In particular, you can:
- Request information: You can contact us to learn whether we have any data about you as well as how and why it was collected and used.
- Request access. You can get a copy of the data we store and make sure the information is lawfully processed.
- Request changes. In case we have incomplete or inaccurate information about you, you can always request to correct it.
- Request transfer. You can ask Leobit to transfer your information in an electronic and structured form to any third party.
- Request restriction. You can restrict the processing of your data if you want to learn more about this process or suspend it.
- Request deletion. You can ask us to remove or delete your data in case there is no point in continuing storing it.
- Withdraw your data collection consent. In case you have agreed to share some data but changed your mind or have any other reasons to withdraw your consent, you can always refuse from data collection. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing we conducted before the withdrawal.
To use these rights, email us at [email protected] or fill in a contact form available on our website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Email: [email protected]
512.487.7222 (the US)